Goleta, CA – March 17, 2016 –Transphorm Inc., a leader in the design and manufacturing of JEDEC-qualified 650V GaN (gallium nitride) semiconductors, today announced that it has added the global distributor Richardson Electronics and the Northeast representative A/D Sales to support growing design activity for its GaN power transistors and modules.
“The power electronics industry is waking up to the realization that Transphorm GaN is enabling the most compact, highest-efficiency solar inverters, on-board electric vehicle chargers, power supplies and other high-power-density applications,” said Michael White, Transphorm’s Senior VP, Sales & Marketing. “Our new channel partners bring both knowledge and access to the design engineering community to facilitate the integration of Transphorm GaN devices into these applications.”
Transphorm to Cameo Key Applications at APEC 2016
Transphorm invites power electronics professionals to visit them at APEC 2016 (March 20-24 in Long Beach, CA) to meet new company representatives, view product demos and to attend speaker presentations.
Transphorm will exhibit the following live demos in APEC booth 2133:
- A high-power 3.5kW bridgeless totem-pole PFC with 99% efficiency
- A single-phase 4.5kW inverter that exceeds 99% efficiency
- An end-customer (SUMOLIGHT) high-power LED lighting system that is an order of magnitude smaller and lighter than a silicon-based approach
Jason Cuadra, Transphorm’s Director of Power Electronics Applications, will also participate in the following speaker events:
- PSMA/PELS workshop: “Power Magnetics @ High Frequency – Solving the Black Magic,” Saturday, March 19
- Industry Session presentation (IS04): “GaN Takes Server Power Supplies’ Power Density to New Heights,” Tuesday, March 22
Transphorm is a global semiconductor company that designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) devices for high-voltage power conversion applications. Built on an industry-leading IP portfolio and over 300 years of combined GaN engineering expertise, Transphorm is delivering the highest performance and highest reliability GaN devices and best-in-class system-level design support to a growing customer base. Transphorm is creating innovations that move beyond the limitations of silicon to achieve over 99% efficiency and reduce energy loss by more than 40%. Learn more at transphormusa.com.